Grad Nite ’21 at California’s Great America® Park
The MSJHS Grad Nite Committee is excited to be able to offer a Grad Nite ’21 event at California’s Great America® Park for all our graduating seniors!
A once-in-a-lifetime experience where seniors will enjoy one final high school memory in a most unprecedented senior year.
DO NOT ATTEND THIS EVENT IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19.
The Grad Nite committee is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to 15 eligible seniors to cover the cost of attendance, based on financial need. To determine eligibility, please contact Ms. Joanna Jensen, Asst. Principal, Class of 2021. You do not need to provide any information to the Grad Nite Committee. Once Ms. Jensen confirms your eligibility, please complete steps 1 and 2 below (complete registration form and google form).
Please read all the information below! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event is open to all graduating Mission San Jose High School Seniors.
- Date: Saturday, June 12, 2021
- Time: 11AM – 7PM
- The total cost of the event includes:
- Admission to California’s Great America® Park for all rides open (excludes Boomerang Bay due to health guidelines)
- Unlimited dining plan with conditions: one meal with drink every 90 minutes which will be noted via a second wristband for the participants at the following restaurants:
- American Café
- Great American Pizza Company
- Maggie’s Smokehouse & Fried Chicken
- Pizza Orleans
- Sierra Creek Lodge
- Graduates will have an exclusive private party in California’s Great America® Park in the Pavilion Area with DJ and character photo ops!
- $10 in Midway games voucher
- FREE PARKING – for the Grad Nite event
- Grad Nite Gift!
$100 Registration – Check payment by May 9, 2021
$104 Registration – Paypal payment by May 9, 2021
See additional payment details below, under Terms and Conditions.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGN-UP:
You must complete all 3 steps to reserve your spot.
1. Download, read, fill out, sign and submit the registration form. All the details about the event, COVID safety precautions, code of conduct, logistics etc. are included in detail in the registration packet. The registration form is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuQfRTK6rxub6nwP6kLdxr7ieUuX1VGd/view?usp=sharing
- Option 1 (Preferred) – Complete and sign the registration forms using Adobe Acrobat Reader’s Fill & Sign feature (free) and email it to email@example.com
- Option 2 – Complete and sign the registration forms and drop a physical signed copy off at Mission San Jose High School office on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays during office hours, 9:40AM – 10:40AM.
NO STUDENT WILL BE ADMITTED WITHOUT COMPLETED AND SIGNED EVENT CONTRACT, PERMISSION/WAIVER FORM, AND, 24 HOURS PRIOR TO EVENT.
2. Complete and submit the google form – https://tinyurl.com/MSJHSgnform
3. Make your payment to reserve your spot (Reservations are “first come first serve” basis).
- Option 1 (Preferred) – Pay Online: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yzxsaMMVS
Write GRAD NITE 2021, the student’s full name and parent’s email address in the note section
- Option 2 – Pay by check. Make checks payable to “Mission Possible” and drop them off in an envelope at Mission San Jose High School office on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays during office hours, 9:40AM – 10:40AM. Checks will not be accepted at the office outside of the above times. Write Grad Nite 2021, the student’s full name and parent’s phone number in the check memo line.
Note: A day before the event, we will send out an online COVID health screening form to the parent email provided. The form must be completed in order for the student to attend the event.
ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT:
Grads MUST HAVE a current, valid, photo ID (MSJHS student ID/Driver license/passport) to show at check-in
Check-in will be between 10AM – 12Noon; MSJHS student ID card is required
All students and bags/belongings will be inspected.
Transportation: You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the event!!
STUDENTS MUST CHECK-IN NO LATER THAN 12Noon & LEAVE THE EVENT LOCATION PROMPTLY AT 7PM WITH THEIR OWN PRE-ARRANGED TRANSPORTATION.
Note: there is no “in and out” privilege.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Our objective is to make the trip enjoyable and memorable for the Mission San Jose graduating Class of 2021. Please help us accomplish this by turning in your forms and money in a timely manner. Failure to meet deadlines may result in forfeiting your ticket.
PAYMENTS: Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Payment must be submitted in full to reserve your spot.
No receipts will be sent. Your cancelled checks or PayPal transaction history are proof of payment.
It is your responsibility to contact the Grad Nite Committee if your check does not clear.
Your non-refundable/non-transferable payment and completed (verified) forms will reserve your space. You will be placed on the guest list for check in at the event.
Non-payment or failure to submit completed forms on time will result in cancellation.
The only refunds issued will be for the cancellation of the event by California’s GreatAmerica®.
SPECIAL NEEDS STUDENTS:
Please inform us if you have a student with special needs or one who will need medication during the trip to allow for the appropriate accommodations.
The parent/guardian will need to complete the Special Needs and/or Medication Form.
MEDICATIONS – PRESCRIPTION AND OVER THE COUNTER:
Students requiring prescription or over-the-counter medications need to submit a completed:
o Special Needs and/or Medication Form.
Forms for over-the-counter medications MUST BE submitted to the MSJHS Grad Nite Committee by May 9, 2021.
o Prescription medications must be in their original packaging with dosing information and student’s name on label.
Over-the-counter medications must be in their original unopened, manufacturer sealed packages.
Participants are expected to abide by the school dress code. Any article of clothing deemed vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate by chaperones should not be worn at any time during this event.
CONDUCT RULES: Carefully review the MSJHS Grad Nite 2021 Event Rules.
Students must abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the trip chaperones, Adventures America Tour Company, restaurants, California’s Great America®, etc.
If any of these rules (partial listing below) are broken, the participant may be sent home at his/her own expense without refund.
o If the participant is sent home, the parent or legal guardian will be advised and the participant and parent/guardian will arrange for transportation home at their own expense.
Students must present a current, valid, photo ID (preferably MSJHS student ID).
There will be at least two check-in times during the course of the event.
The times and designated check-in points are TBD.
REGISTRATION, PERMISSION FORMS & WAIVERS:
All Grads are REQUIRED to submit their payment with completed and signed forms at the time of payment:
1. Registration Form
2. Medication/Special Needs Form
3. Release for Communicable Diseases Including Covid-19 Form AND Permission Slip/Waiver Form. Student & Parent MUST sign, even if student is over 18.
NO GRAD WILL BE ALLOWED AT THE EVENT WITHOUT APPROPRIATE SIGNED FORMS.
This is not a school sponsored event.
Neither Fremont Unified School District nor Mission San Jose High School are in any way sponsors of this event; however, the same rules, behavior code, and dress code requirements apply.
This is a chaperoned event.
Chaperones will not be responsible for any personal items that are brought on the trip such as cell phones, iPods, cameras, etc.
Families are responsible for their own student’s transportation to and from the event.
Registration will be between 10AM – 12Noon. Students are encouraged to arrive early time to complete check-in and go through security prior to the park opening at 11:00AM.
Students MUST be checked-in by 12Noon or will forfeit their ticket.
Students MUST leave the event location PROMPTLY by 7PM with their own prearranged transportation.
SAFE AND SOBER GRAD NITE:
All personal belongings are subject to inspection at check in.
Grads will not be permitted to bring ANY beverages (including water), food, candy or gum in the park. You may bring an EMPTY reusable water bottle only.
No liquor, drugs, tobacco, or vaping of any kind will be allowed on the event grounds. Parents will be contacted if student is found to be under the influence.